Suncoast Polytechnical High School is a technology magnet school that offers a rigorous curriculum to prepare its students for college and careers.
All SPHS Parents/Guardians are required to serve a minimum of 15 volunteer hours per student per calendar year. This requirement can be fulfilled in a variety of ways: monetary donations, product donations, chaperone for after school activities, etc.
You are now able to Register or Reactivate your account from home.
VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION DIRECTIONS:
1. Go to the Community Involvement Portal for Suncoast Polytechnical High School: volunteer.samaritan.com/custom/custom_service.php?528&opp_details&6836?udf3355=SCS%20Staff,SCS%20Student,Parent,Volunteer,Mentor&org=Suncoast%20Polytechnical%20High&sortPredicate=publishDateUtc&sortByAttribute=date&sortRecordType=opp&view=list#.XUXj5OKKIWo.link
2. Select “SIGN UP” on the left side of the screen under the Renegades Logo.
3. Select “NEW VOLUNTEER” and complete the application. EVERY volunteer needs to do this whether they have volunteered for 20 years or are brand new.
4. If you are a SCS Staff Member or Student, this is when you are finished. If not…
5. After you submit your application, you will receive an e-mail within one to two business days from “Sarasota County Schools <TheAdvocates@VerifiedVolunteers.com>” to complete a background screening. Click the link provided in the e-mail that starts with https://app.verifiedvolunteers.com/verify followed by a bunch of letters and/or numbers.
6. Complete the background screening using the information you provided in your application. Most of this information will auto-fill so you will only need to retype a few sections.
7. You will receive a confirmation e-mail from “TheAdvocates <TheAdvocates@VerifiedVolunteers.com>” once Sarasota County Schools has reviewed your background screening.
See how you can help!
View all of our active Sign Ups here.